SEO, web positioning, is now part of the growing attraction marketing ecosystem or “Inbound Marketing” and far from being a threat to Inbound marketing itself, it must be integrated as an essential part of its mechanisms.
Although the percentage of companies that are actively betting on a robust online marketing strategy is still a minority, the concept of web positioning, SEO, is well known by all owners of a website.
Equally, the importance of updating with quality content is becoming another strategy valued for its effectiveness. But what happens when content generators know that keywords are important, but they do not know what they are, how to use them and where?
The result? A great user experience but unproductive for search engines, which is only effective for regular users but inefficient to get more online presence and better positioning to be found.
Despite the effort and work required to produce quality content for the purpose of non-intrusive marketing, it is one thing to know that SEO is important and another is to know what to pay attention to and how to optimize positioning techniques so that both factors Have a multiplier effect.
Even in a company whose internal education around SEO is top notch, it is vital to have someone who is a “vigilante” of the online presence and supervisor of the results in the search engines.
An SEO needs to adopt an attitude of responsibility to ensure that our designs, content, social networks, etc. are working together on a common strategy for improving search engine results and unify all efforts.
An SEO should be continually helping a marketing team to do better marketing in the following ways:
- Data analysis, keyword trends, and traffic tracking and links for each content, to help create rich, keyword rich content.
- Work with the web development team to keep the site easy to crawl by search engines.
- Building relationships with influential people, and taking advantage of those relationships to build links and actions in social media.
- Ensure a consistent, robust brand strategy synchronization to ensure that it is seeded in the right places for impact.
- Dive into analytics to support conversion rates; Share analysis data with the team to help retention of search engine clients.
- Collaborate on user experience and design improvement factors to ensure that the site is a good experience for users that also influences the search engines.
If we begin to see SEO tasks as a series of collaborations with other aspects of our online marketing strategy we will multiply our efforts and our results