Twitter is already one of the most powerful communication tools currently, framed within what is called “microblogging”. In other words, Twitter is a free service that with creating an account you can send messages of up to 140 characters (like a mobile SMS) to tell or share what you want.
Now, how do I apply this to the company? The applications are numerous but you should mainly use it as a new communication channel between your company and the clients, either as a customer service, to communicate the launch of new products, promote specific offers or to learn more about our customers with the In order to better adapt our products and / or services for them.
I am sure that this tool is almost for all companies, but be very careful, it is not for all people. Make sure that if your company is going to use it you find the right person to do it, you should feel comfortable with the fluidity, speed and informality, so to speak, of the medium that is Twitter.
When you publish as a company, you must be relaxed, talk and provide value. Business profiles that only publish information and promotions without connecting with their followers usually end up disappearing. Therefore it is so important that the person is agile in this environment and likes to relate to others.
Twitter can be occupied within companies as a tool for Marketing, Public Relations, Customer Service and Human Resources.
Never lose sight of the fact that Twitter is a communication channel, it would be a mistake to use Twitter only to promote our brand, we must offer useful content, which may interest our target audience and, most importantly, create conversation. Here are some tips you can take into account when managing your corporate account:
- Be the first to share. Stay tuned for news about your business area. Subscribe to the news RSS so they do not escape and share them.
- Use Twitter to help people. Be yourself, express yourself naturally.
- Follow the 80/20 rules of Social Networks: 80% of your tweets should be useful content for your followers and 20% to promote your brand. A good proportion can mean a 100% return.
- Do not get carried away by the numbers. Getting 100 relevant followers in a month is better than getting 1000 followers without relevance every day of the week.
- Do not use tools to automatically answer your followers. Each follower is unique, engages in individual conversations.
- Use the RT (retweets) will help you be active and show your followers what interests you.
- Distribute your tweets in time, do not be long without writing and then post 10 tweets in a row.
- Talk to your followers, do not limit yourself to promoting your products or brand. Talk about interesting topics in your business area. Provide your followers with content that interests them, something they can use.
- Do not limit yourself to just re-tweeting and sharing links, use twitter to chat with your followers and make sure that in each tweet you know a little more about yourself.
- If you are able to create conversation and offer useful content, relationships and followers will come alone.
- Share ideas and information with people who have the same interests as you.
- If you include links in your tweets to your website, you will be able to increase traffic.
- Twitter works better if we use it complemented with other social networks, blogs, forums. Etc.
- Use Twitter to know what is said about your brand or product. Take a look at the @Mentions tab.
- If you can not devote time to your Marketing campaign on Twitter hires professional staff to manage it, Marketing campaigns on Twitter are cheap, simple and effective.
- Do not include only links to your web page or blog, it also links the interesting content of others.
- Promote your Twitter profile, include it on your website, on your business cards, in your articles, presentations, etc.
- Take the time to answer and re-tweet, do not spend all your time talking about yourself. Participate, interact, build: do community.
- Write periodically, without becoming spam. Dedicate to Twitter a few minutes every 2 hours to stay active and not miss any important comments.
- Exploit the tool “Lists” to listen to what your followers say in a more orderly. Create Lists by market segment, area of knowledge, interests, etc.